Egg and Potato Curry
1. 6 eggs, hard boiled
2. 2 large potatoes, cubed
3. 2 large onions, sliced thin
4. 2 large tomatoes, chopped
5. 2 -3 habanero chillies (ata rodo)
6. ½ tsp ginger powder
7. ½ tsp garlic powder
8. 2 tblsp curry powder
9. 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon (optional)
10. 1 tablespoon Thyme
11. 1 clove of garlic
12. 2 bay leaves
13. 4-5 tbsp butter
14. Coconut milk
15. Salt to taste
1. Cut each egg in half. Heat the butter in a pan and place the eggs with cut side face down.
2. Shallow fry the egg halves, gently turning over, till golden brown. Remove from pan and keep aside.
3. To the remaining butter, add the bay leaves, cloves and cinnamon, and stir a couple of times.
4. Add the green chillies, stir and now add the sliced onions. Sauté till soft and golden in colour.
5. Add the ginger and garlic powder and sauté till the butter is browned.
6. Add the curry powder and tomatoes and allow to cook well.
7. When done add the coconut milk, cubed potatoes, 1 tbsp thyme leaves, salt and mix.
8. Just bring to a boil and take off the heat immediately. If you allow the curry to boil after adding coconut milk, it will split. The consistency of the coconut milk gravy should be thick and sauce-like rather than watery.
9. To serve, place the shallow fried egg halves in a serving dish and pour the coconut milk curry over this.
10. Serve hot with rice or flat bread