Scrambled Egg Salad Sandwich
1. 6 to 7 large eggs
2. 1/4 teaspoon salt
3. Freshly ground black pepper
4. 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
5. 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
6. 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
7. 1 tablespoon lemon juice
8. 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, from 1/4 small red onion
9. 1/4 cup finely chopped celery, from about 2 stalks celery
10. 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill fronds
1. Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Beat in the salt and a generous quantity of black pepper.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and pour in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Spread it around the skillet with a spatula until the whole skillet is coated. Pour in the eggs.
3. Cook the eggs for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, or until they are cooked through and no longer wet. Stir frequently, helping small "curds" develop in the eggs.
4. Put the cooked eggs in a large bowl and use a spatula to break up any large pieces. Set aside.
5. Whisk together the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon mustard, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Taste and adjust if desired to your taste. Pour over the eggs and fold in gently.
6. Fold in the chopped red onion, celery, and dill. If desired add capers. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired.
7. Serve with Sliced bread, Rolls, or Flat bread.
8. Refrigerate remnants